Minx Law, PC is a Santa Monica-based intellectual property law firm. We are a client-focused, entrepreneurial firm that advises brand owners worldwide in industries such as entertainment and digital media, consumer goods, software and technology, and health and wellness. As an employee at Minx Law, you’ll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge businesses that are building the next generation of global brands.
We are in search of an exceptional, highly experienced Trademark Paralegal to work in close collaboration with our team. The ideal candidate will have expert-level knowledge of US and foreign trademark prosecution and will be very comfortable communicating with foreign counsel. We seek a candidate who is conscientious, extremely detail-oriented, process-oriented, and willing to pitch in as needed.
This is a full-time position with an annual billable requirement. While we require someone who is located on Pacific time, the position can be fully remote, fully in-person in our Santa Monica office, or a hybrid of the two. Please note that all employees will be required to work on a set schedule, e.g., 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Pacific.
- Prepare and submit trademark and copyright filings in the US and overseas
- Docket and monitor US and foreign deadlines
- Conduct preliminary USPTO and internet searches
- Communicate with clients, USPTO, WIPO, and foreign trademark counsel
- Draft letters and pleadings
- Prepare and submit trademark filings with the USPTO
- Prepare and submit copyright filings with the US Copyright Office
- Manage and instruct foreign trademark counsel
- Docket and monitor US and foreign trademark deadlines
- Review and analyze watch notices
- Perform preliminary trademark searches
- Minimum of 3 years experience handling large trademark portfolios matters at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Expertise with USPTO and WIPO filings
- Familiarity with trademark docketing software (experience with WebTMS a plus)
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Strong online research skills
Compensation: $37-$40/hr depending on experience ($77,000-$83,000 annually).
About Minx Law, PC
Our firm is comprised of collaborative, strategic professionals who are dedicated to total client management: we pride ourselves on responsiveness, sound judgment, and proactiveness in counseling clients. We are proudly woman-owned and welcome diverse candidates.
We are in search of an exceptional Trademark Paralegal to work in close collaboration with our team.