Trademark and Copyright Attorney
Minx Law, PC is a Santa Monica-based intellectual property law firm. We are a client-focused, entrepreneurial firm that advises brand owners worldwide in industries such as entertainment and digital media, consumer goods, software and technology, and health and wellness. As an employee at Minx Law, you’ll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge businesses that are building the next generation of global brands.
We are in search of an exceptional Trademark and Copyright Attorney to work in close collaboration with our team. This role requires an excellent, precise writer who will be comfortable taking ownership of a heavy workload. The ideal candidate will have expert-level knowledge of trademark law, a deep interest in emerging technologies, and be able to manage and delegate to our support staff. Proficiency in copyright law, licensing law, and/or privacy law is also beneficial.
This is a full-time position with a minimum billable requirement of 1,440 hours annually (30 hours per week). This position can be fully remote; fully in-person in our downtown Santa Monica office; or a hybrid of the two.
- Formulate IP filing strategies and manage prosecution files, including instructing and working with foreign counsel
- Conduct and analyze trademark searches; draft opinion letters
- Manage global IP enforcement, including cease and desist letters, TTAB disputes, and online takedowns
- Copyright counseling
- Draft IP licenses and other IP agreements
- Conduct IP due diligence
- Manage and oversee paralegal work product
- Member of state bar in good standing
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in managing large worldwide trademark portfolios and brand enforcement, preferably at a law firm
- Growth-minded, comfortable working closely and collaboratively with team members, and able to delegate work to paralegals and assistants
- Precise and meticulous writer, researcher, and speaker
$140,000 - $180,000 annual DOE
We are in search of an exceptional Trademark and Copyright Attorney to work in close collaboration with our team.